Tuesday 18 November 2014

Now I'm One Year Older...

...my life still isn't over...

So it was my birthday yesterday. I'm now 20 years old and no longer a teenager (argh!). As is typical, I don't feel much different, although I feel like I'm justifying a lot more things with, "hey, I'm 20, I can do what I want!"

I went out for dinner with my uni friends; some couldn't make it, sadly, but enough people (11) came that it was a really fun evening. Went to a very nice restaurant on the High that I've never been to before but thought looked nice, and I was right! I had an amazing butternut squash and chickpea tagine (I love tagine. I would eat it every day if I could, I do not kid), and my friends proved their sophisticated natures by mostly going for pizza. ;) Then it was on to the pub for some drinks and chatting, and what was quite possibly the highlight of my birthday: my friend Laura arrived!! She's studying abroad in China this year, and is back for a couple of weeks which constitutes her "Christmas holidays" (err...). Anyway, she's staying here in Oxford for about a week and came along to my birthday drinks and it was so, so good to see her. I hadn't seen her since she stayed with me during the summer, and that was in July. I think we're planning to meet up again during the week; it'll be great to hear more about her time in China. She also brought me a scarf all the way from China for a birthday present, which I'm delighted with. I am really easy to buy presents for - if it's a scarf, I'm guaranteed to love it. Scarves are my life's joy.

And of course, because there's no rest for the wicked, today is going to consist of catching up on all the essay reading I neglected yesterday. I have so much Cicero to read. Hurray! Or, not.

No comments:

Post a Comment