Thursday 9 April 2015

On Dart-a-moor so wild

I didn't spend Easter in Bristol. The house we were staying in was full of dust and cat hair, aka Asthmatic Hell, and I only managed two nights there (one of which I spent at my godmother's) before I had to come home. I would have liked to do more in Bristol - I only went to Blaise Castle, IKEA, and the harbour - but I like breathing more. So I've been at home since Saturday - went to the beach, bought discounted jeans at Gap, went down the river on one of the first truly sunny days of the year - and yesterday I went to Dartmoor. It's still dry from the winter, and the new green grass hasn't come through yet. It doesn't really look like Dartmoor in a lot of places, mostly because at the moment it's in its wintry stage but yesterday was very warm and sunny (I got sunburn!) so it was very odd. Anyway, I took a lot of photos and thought I'd share some here.

This is one of several photos I have which I can play the "Dartmoor or Eurasian steppe?" game with.

My mum and brother provide a human comparison to the vast expanse of wherever.

Stone circle yayyyy. This is what we mostly came to see.



Meee!! This is far from the best photo of me - I'm windswept, wearing my glasses and no makeup, but I quite like the photo. Mostly because my smiles in photos usually look horrifying.

Imagine this stretching as far as you can see in every direction and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it was like yesterday.

It's more like Dartmoor down by the rivers. Some of the greenery still remains.



Prehistoric stone lines and rocks and stuff.

Anyway, I liked how these photos came out. This very much isn't what Dartmoor usually looks like, though it looks more familiar in some photos, and I like the results, even if they're not as familiar as you might expect for being taken where they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment