Wednesday 24 December 2014

Met in Thee Tonight.

It's Christmas Eve!

As a Proper Adult or something, I've been helping with the preparations a lot more than I used to. This has involved mostly cooking: so far I've made fudge, Christmas pudding, mince pies, and the Christmas Eve dinner (butternut squash tagine. YUM). I promised my younger siblings I'd make eggy bread for Christmas breakfast, too...

Since my last entry, I've finished uni for the term, gone to visit my good friend Havanah in Amsterdam where she studies, had a hellish time getting home to Devon from Oxford on the train, had to miss out on a party, gone shopping with my best friend, and not revised any of my Latin vocab. I'm very happy, really. I love spending time with my family, and I'm looking forward to seeing my friends from home after the Christmas mayhem.

I'm in a very Christmassy mood this year, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because Oxford always gets going early for Oxmas and it gets you in the mood. Maybe I was jolted into it when I went to my college carol service, which was amazing. But I'm really looking forward to Christmas - I love Christmas - and everything in the lead up to it has been exciting. Our tree has been up since about the 16th, I think, and looks as gloriously tacky as ever, with the decorations I made when I was 2 years old and living in Edinburgh. They include yoghurt pots covered in tinfoil masquerading as bells, to give you an idea!

To anyone also looking forward to Christmas tomorrow: merry Christmas! To anyone who isn't: merry 25th of December!


3 comments:

  1. Christmas is my favorite time of year, I'm that crazy one that has Christmas stuff in my memory box and random decor all year round because it just makes me feel...happy...for lack of better description. :) Post Christmas is like coming off a high though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I know the feeling. :) Christmas is definitely my favourite celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there my dear :) cool post !its pretty!

    Visit my pages if you like and maybe you would like to follow ? let me know and leave me your links aswell


    My Blog|Facebook | Bloglovin| Headers I made

    ReplyDelete